Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tomorrow or Friday for Nickelsville?

The short answer is, "it depends." Counsel for Nickelsville at Northwest Justice Project has asked that the city extend it's campsite clearance deadline to Friday to align with United Indian of All Tribe's request that the encampment move on by Friday noon. Should they refuse or delay, an injunction for a restraining order will be filed today.

The City's initial response was yes, on four conditions: everybody leaves, they encourage everyone else to leave, the encampment will not set up again elsewhere, and residents will meet with City social workers. Odds of Nickelodeons accepting all of these conditions seems remote at best, so either the City drops the conditions, or attorney's seek an injunction.

Meanwhile, the word is going out that Nickelsville needs people Friday morning, beginning at 7:30, to assist with the move.

No comments: