Saturday, January 26, 2008

Frankenstein, with Commentary by Four Year-old



For some reason I don't entirely understand, I decided it might be fun to find the Edgar Winter Band playing Frankenstein, a song that, for me at the age of thirteen, represented the height of musicianship and coolness all rolled into one. My four year-old daughter was on the couch with me to share the moment. Here's what she had to say.
"I think they’re being silly.

Why are they going wah wah wah Waaaaah?

I don’t think it sounds good.

Who is that guy? He’s cool. Stop laughing at me

I think they’re making all the children laugh by making music. I think they’re dancing to the big girls and kids, and daddies and mommies. I think they’re doing that.

Let’s pretend they’re up on the stage and we’re the crowd. Let’s pretend that.

Why is that man’s mouth open?

Daddy. They are cool.

What are they doing? Why is he shaking his head?

He’s breaking his instruments! That’s funny!

This is scary.

Why are they breaking down the radio? Why is he doing the radio all day? Why is he doing that?

When is this going to end?"

2 comments:

"Uta" Urban said...

The soundtrack of life. Beautiful, Dad.

Bruce from Accordion Noir said...

My kids said, "I like that girl playing the piano."

and, "They look like a guy from Harry Potter. Yeah, Lucius Malfoy."


(They stayed for the whole thing, counting down the seconds at the end.)